The New Africa Magazine, a strong believer in the culture of recognition for both men and women who have been shaping the vision and progress of the African continent, has released its list of 110 Outstanding Women in Africa for the year 2022.
Some of those picked for the special recognition
are the first female Managing Director, Fidelity Bank Plc, Ms. Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe; Hon. Joyce Hilda Banda, Fmr. President of Malawi, Hon. Jewel Howard Taylor, Vice President of Liberia; Jamila Sedqi, First Moroccan Female Judge at the UN Administrative Tribunal, and Pastor Faith Oyedepo, Wife of the Founder, Winners’ Church, Worldwide.
The New Africa Magazine selected women who have demonstrated exceptional courage
and leadership in their mission to protect the environment and defend human rights and advocate to change the narratives about the continent through Politics, Arts and Culture, development and economic partnership, civil society and diplomacy.
A statement by the magazine publisher, Gift Chidima Nnamoko Orairu, said in Africa, one needed extra hard work, dedication and focus to succeed.
“In addition to the so many factors affecting women progress in the continent at the political and socioeconomic level; a great number of women have been silenced with violence, hate, discrimination, and isolation.
“However, these Pan African women have never been silent, and have led important
revolutions for democracy, freedom and social justice.
“They have gone on to write their names on the sands of time; breaking old records and setting new standards, smashing barriers and detecting the pace.
“These are women who believe that gender was not, is not, and can never be a barrier
to success. They have and are breaking the silence about major controversial societal questions, and have always been on the frontlines in all crisis times along with their male counterparts.
“They are role models to the younger generation of men and women and deserve to be
acknowledged and celebrated. The New Africa Magazine is happy to tell their stories because they can inspire our world to rise to their courage.”
She said The Amazon editions of The New African Magazine identified these women icons and prides of Africa, profile them and celebrate their leadership, courage and the power they hold.
According to her, “the 110 women featured on The New Africa Magazine October edition of the Amazon Women are women who will inspire you by their stories and will motivate you by their humility.The New Africa Magazine 110 Outstanding Women 2022.”
Others on the list are Hon. Amina J. Mohammed, Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations; Hon. Jamila Sedqi; Senator Biodun Christine Olujimi, 1st Vice President/ECOFEPA; Amb. Karima Rhanem; President, Int’l Centre for Diplomacy; Hon. Fatima Samoura; Secretary General, FIFA; Hon. Louise Mushikiwaa; Sec. Gen., Int’l Organization of the La Francophone, and Ms. Sara Menker; CEO, Gro Intelligence.
The list also includes Ms. Chimamanda Adichie; Renowned Novelist; Ms. Dodo Uvieghara; Fashion Influencer; Ms. Catherine Lesetedi; CEO, Botswana Insurance Holdings Ltd; Ms. Sethebe Manake; Founder, GoSmartValue; Dr. Nanees Adel; Managing Director, Cairo Specialist Hospita, among others
Below are other women recognised by the publication
14) Ms. Anne Juuko; MD/ CEO, Stanbic Bank, Uganda
15) Ms. Jihan Abass; Founder & CEO, Lami Insurance Technology
17) Ms. Thato Schermer; Founder, Zoie Health
18. Ms. Desire Oparanozie; Athlete
19) Ms. Asmae Boureddaya; A Young Diplomat with Special Engagement in African Affairs
20) Ms. Graca Machel; Women & Children’s Rights Activist
21) Ms. Winnie Byanyima; Executive Director, Oxfam
22) Hon. Nouzha Bouchareb, former minister of housing & urban policy, president of
23) Ms. Alice Banze; Executive Director, Gender & Sustainable Dev. Association of UN
24) Senator Daisy Danjuma, senator of the Federal republic of Nigeria
25) Ms. Martha Karua; Female Legislature
26) Ms. Aya Chebbi; former AU Youth Envoy & Activist
28) Hon. Meryem Ouhssata; Young Leader of Pan-African Parliamentary Diplomacy
29) Ms. Dinma Umeh; Fashion Enthusiast/Makeup Content Creator30) Hon. Aicha Duihi; Activist & President, Int’l Observatory for Peace, Democracy & Human Rights in
31) Ms. Faith Kipyegon; Sprinter
32) Hon. Saara Kuugongelwa Ahmadhila; Prime Minister of Namibia
33) Senator Fanny Chantal Moussokoura- Secretary General ECOFEPA and Vice President of the Ivorian Senate
34) Ms. Arc. Ezinne.C.Okoro Enterpreneur and Business Operations Executive. CEO, Charez Foods.
35) Dr. Adelaide Retselisitsoe Matlanyane; Head, Central Bank of Lesotho
36) Hon. Aja Fatoumata Jallow- Tambajang; Human Rights Activist & Former Vice President of Gambia
37) Ms. Asisat Oshoala; Footballer
38) Ms. Angelina Kidjo; Famous Musician
39) Ms. Winifred Nwania; health coach in training & cooking show host
40) Juliet Ibrahim, Actress, Ghana
41) Ms. Mansa Netty, Chief Executive, Standadrd Chattered Bank, Ghana
42) Ms. Tomike Adeoye; Media Personality, TV Host and Actress
43) Pastor Faith Oyedepo; Wife of the Founder, Winners’ Church, Worldwide
44) Ms. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma; Apartheid Activist
45) Ms. Alengot Oromait; Young Politician & Activist
46) Ms. Helena Conradie, CEO, Satrix 40, South Africa
47) Ms. Ojo Oluwa Busola; Lawyer and Minister of God
48) Ms. Mbali-Ntuli; Young Activist & Politician
49) Ms. Ayra Starr; Musician
50) Ms. Tiwa Savage; Musician
51) Ms. Tobi Amusan; Athlete
52) Ms. Odunayo Ewenyi; Cofounder, PiggyVest
53) Hon Filomena Gon alves, Minister of Health Cape Verde
54) Amb. Hajo Sani; Educationist, Policy Analyst and Permanent Delegation of Nigeria to UNESCO
55) Dr. Anne Mary Nash Haruna. Bellevue College
56) Prof. Yemi Olatunji Bello; 9th Vice Chancellor of Lagos State University
57) Hon. Hannah Tetteh; Lawyer & Former Foreign Affairs Minister of Ghana
58) Rt. Hon. Winnie Kiiza; Fmr. Leader of Opposition, Parliament of Uganda59) Jane Karuku ANE, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the East African Breweries
60) Ms. Arunma Oteh; Fmr. Treasurer, World Bank
61) Ms. Vivien Waziri Kwande; CEO, Life Aid Initiative Int’l
62) Ms. Hon. Woraye Sarr; President, ECOFEPA
63) Juliet Ehimuan, technology expert
64) Ms. Rebecca Ebokpo, Senior Associate, AELEX Partners
65) Hon. Laadi Ayi Ayamba; Chairperson, Committee on Gender, Social Affairs and Women
66) Amb. Dr. Bola Preys Ayo; CEO, Trillion Global Presidential consulting
67) Ms. Ruth Zaipuna; CEO, NMB Bank, Tanzania
68) Ms. Temilade Openiyi; Singer and Songwriter
69) Ms. Yemi Alade; Musician
70) Ms. Janine Van Wyk; Athlete
71) Ms. Tonto Dike; Renowned Actress & Politician
72) Hon Sahle Work Zewde, First Female African Head of State
73) Ms. Leila Fourie; CEO, JSE, South Africa
74) Hon. Adjaratou Coulibaly Traor ; Head of Delegation, Ivorian MPs to the ECOWAS Parliament
75) Ms. Aminetou Bilal; Youth Activist & President, Movement of Patriots in Action
76) Ms. Dorothy Nkhoma Shonga; Director, Palmontt SA, Malawi & Mozambique
77) Ms. Oyinlola Bukky Akande, life coach, speaker, author and publisher
78) Ms. Hafsat Abiola; President, Women in Africa Initiative
79) Dr. Frannie L autier; Snr. Partner & CEO, SouthBridge Investments
80) Hon. Veronica Kadie Sesay, Member of the parliament in Sierra Leone
81) Ms. Onyeka Onwenu; Politician, Singer & Actress
82) Ms. Abike Dabiri Erewa; Politician
83 Mrs Ndudi Chuku, Exective Director Mission Africa
84) Hon. Sophia Abdi Noor; Politician & Female Rights Activist
85) Ms. Folarunsho Alakija; Philanthropist & Founder, Famfa Oil & Gas
86) Ms. Oby Ezekwesili; Economist and Politician
87) Prof. Yemi Adenike Kuku V.C Kings University
88) Ms. Dolapo Osinbajo; Wife of the Vice President of Nigeria89) Ms. Funke Akindele; Actress, Producer and Politician 90) Ms. Stella Okoli; Founder, Emzor Pharmaceutical 91) Ms. M.O. Abudu; Entertainment Guru 92) Ms. Teniola Apata; Singer and Songwriter 93) Ms. Fifi Ejindu; Leading Female Entrepreneur, Nigeria 94) Ms. Remi Tinubu; Politician 95) Ms. Ejiro Osadeke; Author, singer & Convener, The Becoming Summit 96) Hajia Rabi Saulawa; President, Jam’iyyar Matan Arewa 97) Ms. Sho Madjozi; Singer and Songwriter 98) Ms. Ireti Blankson; Health Travel Clinic, UK 99) Ms. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala; Director General, World Trade Organization 100) Sen. Stella Odua; Politician and Entrepreneur 101) Hon. Joice Mujuru; Activist & Former Vice President of Zimbabwe 102) Ms. Diane Shima Rwigara; Women’s Right Activist 103 Ms. Yvonne Ike; Managing Director, Sub-Saharan Africa, Bank of America, Nigeria 104) Ms. Diane Karusisi, CEO, BK Group PLC, Rwanda 105) Ms. Fehintoluwa Ademola-Adetuberu; Seasoned Speaker and Transformational Global Leader 106) Sen. Amb. Hezena Lemaletian; Global Peace Ambassador 107) Amb. Adeshola Helen Onadipe; Founder/ Publisher, Ladies In Business Magazine 108)Ms. Mercy Chinwo; Singer & Song Writer 109) Ms. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde; Actress and Producer 110) Hajia Lami Adamu Lau; President, NCWS, Nigeria.